Unlock Code HP Race Power Kit ECU, required to activate the HP Race ECU and contains the HP Power Kit specific ECU mapping dataset. Electronic engine management unit with racing data release:
- The racing data release has to be enabled with the diagnostic system and the enabling code (for details see the section entitled "Procedure for retrofitting").
- The racing data release has effects on engine management parameters (injection quantity, ignition timing, etc.) and on the assistance provided by the ABS and DTC systems. The full functional scope of the racing data release is available only when the SLICK plug is installed.
- Engine management: In all four riding modes (RAIN, SPORT, RACE, SLICK) full engine power is always available - power increase and response are configured for racing on closed tracks. Engine management is identical in all 4 riding modes (with the standard data release, by contrast the principle is: the sportier the mode you select, the more directly can you tap into the engine's reserves of power.).
- ABS: The ABS settings are identical in the SPORT, RACE and SLICK riding mode (corresponds to standard response of the SLICK mode). The RAIN mode corresponds to the RACE mode in the standard configuration, but in this case the ABS is active for the rear wheel. The function for detecting the rear wheel's tendency to lift clear of the ground is not active in any mode when the coding plug is inserted.
- DTC: The DTC settings differ significantly from those of the standard application. The different response in the 4 riding modes is configured for riding on closed racing tracks. The focus is primarily on achieving fast lap times rather than on safety. Traction control is deactivated at "slight" angles of lean, so that wheelies are possible under acceleration. This significantly reduces undesirable flatspots as the motorcycle powers away. Given low friction values, however, this can result in the rear wheel breaking away at slight angles of lean.
- The matrix in the installation instructions provides detailed information on the effects of the racing data release on the ABS and DTC systems.
- The individual parameters of the racing data release are permanently preprogrammed. In future it will be possible to customise the parameter settings to boost performance with the aid of the HP Calibration Kit when it is released as an accessory.
- Note: Racing data release only in combination with a Race exhaust system.
- Up to 8 Nm increase in torque, particularly at midrange rpm relevant for racing on closed tracks (5000 to 9000 rpm), and more top-end power (+3 kW).