alphaRacing’s BMW S1000 RR HP Race Kit ECU Mapping
alphaRacing’s HP Race ECU Custom Map programming of all electronic engine management parameters and electronic control systems for enhanced handling and ride characteristics is now available for your BMW S1000RR & HP4. For use only on racing circuits (not approved for use on public roads). Note: Your HP Race ECU must already be unlocked, and have a Calibration Kit w/ Unlock Code.
HP Race ECU Map Level 1 (Part Number: AR100111A1EM)
- Fuel injection mapping and ignition timing mapping.
- Custom adaptations to allow for modified powertrain components such as exhaust system, alpha Stage 1, 2 or 3 modified cylinder head, increased engine compression, alpha Racing Pistons and camshafts.
- Custom adjustment of response in accordance with rider preferences and track profile (engine power and power uprating).
- Allowing for track-specific ambient conditions such as relative humidity, for example.
- Range of adjustment for engine braking (Only 2012- S1000RR and HP4):
-4 engine overrun torque characteristics, selectable for each gear and riding mode. Each characteristic produces a difference in the degree of throttle valve opening as a function of engine rpm.
-This reduces the maximum braking force that is applied when the throttle valve snaps closed (keeps the rear wheel from locking).
- Save and clear engine control unit fault memory (Only S1000RR 2012- and HP4):
-Delete the adaptation values:
-Restore adaptive parameters of the engine management system to the default settings. Adaptation values are settings that the engine management system "learns" automatically (to allow for certain motorcycle components such as the throttle-valve assembly and the exhaust system). If the components in question are changed the adaptation values have to be deleted so that the ECU of the engine management system can learn the new values for the modified or new components.
HP Race ECU Map Level 2 (Part Number: AR100111A2DTC)
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC.
-Adjustment for tire parameters (manufacturer, circumference, shape and slip) possible to customize the response of the DTC system (control timing/rate).
-Mode-dependent definition of a bank angle below which traction control is deactivated (to permit wheelies, spinning up the rear tire out of apex).
-9 characteristic maps for adjustment.
-Enables individual setup for each of the various riding modes (RAIN, SPORT, RACE and SLICK). Without the HP Race Power Kit, this is possible only in SLICK mode.
- Traction control fine-tuning in SLICK Mode. (Only HP4).
-A standard feature of the HP4 is the possibility in SLICK mode of fine- tuning slip or control intensity while riding by means of the step-control button in the left multifunction switch. DTC stepping magnitude can be adjusted.
HP Race ECU Map Level 3 (Part Number: AR100111A3DDC)
- Adjustment of the DDC (Dynamic Damping Control) (only HP4):
-Individual allocation of the DDC modes to each of the various riding modes.
-Adjustment of damper characteristics in each riding mode to suit rider preferences (hard or soft): front (front forks) and rear (spring strut) adjustable separately.
-compression and rebound stages adjustable separately for the spring strut.
-compression and rebound stages separately adjustable for the front forks only with spring travel sensor installed.
-In combination with the Laptimer, sector-specific settings are possible ("corner by corner").
-Set rear spring travel sensor to zero (e.g. after adjustments to the running gear).
- Range of adjustment for launch control (only S1000RR facelift and HP4):
-Engine-speed limiter for holding speed and cutout speed.
-Torque reduction characteristic: limitation of engine torque during the start phase.
Speed limiter for the pit lane:
-Set maximum engine rpm for 1st gear with starter button pressed.
HP Race ECU Map Level 4 (Part Number: AR100111A4ABS)
- Extended ABS settings (Only S1000RR 2012- and HP4):
-Individual allocation of the programmed ABS presets to the 4 riding modes (S1000RR 2012-: optionally 3 ABS presets; HP4: optionally 4 ABS presets incl. IDM Race setting).
HP Race ECU Map Levels 1- 4 (Part Number: AR100111L1-4)
All alphaRacing Maps Level 1-4 included.